darkoshi: (Default)
I keep waffling between ideas about what to do about my water heater. Maybe I just need to fix the connection at the top where it had the small leak. I could at least try; that's something I could do myself whether or not I succeed since the alternative involves a plumber anyway.

Maybe water just got in between the tank and outer shell, and dripped down the inside and that's why the bottom seemed all wet.

This stack exchange post is worded very amusingly:

How can we dry out a soaked water heater (and restore a novice plumber's dignity)?


I found out that in India, small water heaters are called "geysers".

I discovered there's another type of water heater. They are electric ones with a plastic tank (which has the benefit of not rusting or corroding, so they purportedly last a lot longer).

This video shows a cutaway view of a typical gas water heater that was at its end of life, rusted out:
How A Water Heater Works [Cutaway View]

September 2026

S M T W T F S
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223 242526
27282930   

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Monday, September 28th, 2026 05:23 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios